International Centre for Exploration & Education (ICEE)
Job Title: ICEE Sales Management Intern (Nationwide)
Apply & Start: Immediately
At ICEE, we know that travel is the ultimate university. We are passionate about our tours and embrace the Chinese proverb which states
“It is better to travel 10,000 miles than read 10,000 books.”
We know that travel has the power to change lives, and that is our mission.
As an ICEE Sales Management Intern, you will come to understand and embrace our passion for providing outstanding international experiences for our customers. You’ll see that there should be more to work than just the job that you do. We believe that people are much more inventive when they are inspired, much more productive when they are passionate about what they are doing, and much more resourceful when they are fairly compensated and recognized for their efforts.
We are the International Centre for Exploration & Education (ICEE)
The International Centre for Exploration & Education (ICEE) is a premier provider of small-group study tours for college and university students. We offer innovative international travel experiences designed for 18 to 35 year olds and also provide independent adventure travel packages to individuals and couples who prefer to travel independently instead of with a group. We currently offer tours to Ireland, Italy, Australia, Fiji, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Nepal and are entering new destination markets every year.
For more information about the international programs offered by ICEE and the possibilities they hold, please visit www.explorationcentre.org.
Selling the Experience
Our Sales Management Interns and Affiliates are the driving force of our company. The team is made up of ambitious, self-motivated go-getters who want to learn in an entrepreneurial environment within an exciting industry. They want to earn generous commissions while selling an international experience that they can believe in. The job is all about building relationships with communities of people and offering them a high level of service and personal attention. You will be giving both current university students and recent graduates the opportunity to experience a life-changing study tour or independent travel experience.
What You Can Expect
- Work that has the ability to make a meaningful impact on you, on other people, and also on our business
- Flexibility and autonomy to achieve selling and company goals
- A typical day could include include meeting up with students at coffee shops, posting information via social media, advocating ICEE’s programs at your school’s study abroad office or campus fairs, or catching up on emails from potential customers
- Flexible work hours
- Ability to build long-term relationships with customers and ICEE
- Solidify & grow existing traditions while developing new traditions in study tour, independent travel, and educational markets
In this role, you will be called upon to:
- Interact effectively with potential student customers and/or university study abroad offices
- Demonstrate hustle and show your ability to set and achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Take initiative
- Exhibit a strong work ethic
- Develop contacts at your school to promote ICEE’s international programs
- Exhibit a positive attitude and be outgoing and passionate about our trips
- Discern priorities and remain organized as business needs evolve and grow over time
Perks - The Earning Potential
- Generous commissions with bonuses
- Travel rewards
Compensation: Commission structure shared during the interview process
Preference will be given to students who have participated in at least one ICEE study tour in the past OR who plan to participate in an ICEE study tour within the next year.
How to apply:
To be considered for an interview, you must:
- Provide us with a copy of your resume.
- Provide a 1-3 page cover letter outlining why you believe this would be a good opportunity for you and how the program could fit into your longterm career plans.
These materials should be emailed to Dr. Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.