Italy & Malta Highlights
From wandering the ancient paths walked by Roman Emperors to basking in the sun on the Mediterranean islands of Malta, nothing seduces like this slice of “la dolce vita” (the good life). On this study tour, you’ll have the opportunity to visit two incredible countries: Italy and Malta. You’ll be able to indulge your pasta-eating desires in Rome, sample unique local liquors in Valletta, and fine-tune the art of wandering through the masterpiece-filled museums in Florence.
Italy is home to culinary greats, effortlessly cool cities, and magical stone villas while the country of Malta, although not as well known to Americans, is gifted with a temperate Mediterranean climate, a bounty of beaches, and a rich history.
Get into the good life by using a specially trained dog to find truffles in Tuscany’s hinterland, go hiking among the fortifications in one of the many stone forts in Malta, and be awed by the history that is Rome. Being a gourmet is the lifeblood and livelihood for many who live here, so there will be plenty for you to try and taste during this adventure. The food is phenomenal, but the people you’ll meet are what will make this a trip of a lifetime. So be introduced to your new friends in Italy & Malta, learn more than you ever expected in 15 days, and savor the romantic splendor of both of these fascinating countries. You’ll never look back!
- Lose yourself in the steps of Caesar in Rome
- Watch fireworks over the city of Florence with the locals on New Years Eve
- Hunt for truffles using dogs in the Tuscan countryside
- Enjoy a the best lunch you have ever (or will ever have) have in a private Tuscan home
- Learn how to properly sample Italian wine
- Soak up stunning views in Valletta
- Sample every flavor of gelato in Rome
- Marvel at the medieval wonders and artistic works of Malta
- Go on a day trip to see historic Siena and the towers of San Gimignano
- Some meals (Note: Budget US$40/day total for your other meals)
- All lodging
- All ground transportation including all airport transfers
- All listed activities
- All required visas (there may be an additional fees for non-US citizens)
- All local guides
- ICEE fleece jacket
December 2019/January 2020
|Program Start Date:||28 December 2019|
|Program End Date:||11 January 2020|
|Application Deadline:||15 November 2019|
Student applications to these programs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Save 20% if You Apply Before 15 November 2019!*
Save an Additional 5% if You Pay via Personal Check, Bank Transfer, Money Order, or Cash.**
Discounted Tuition: From $2,850 Plus Airfare
Regular Tuition: $3,800 Plus Airfare
*Tuition discounts are for study tour only and exclude airfare. Discount is conditional on applicant making payments as agreed.
**US$100 Application Fee can be made via PayPal, Credit Card, Personal Check, Bank Transfer, Money Order, or Cash.